Chloe Howard is on a mission to empower people of all ages to embrace their uniqueness and boldly face their beautiful selves. Born with a foot deformity, Chloe had five major operations by the time she was 14. She endured casting, braces, orthotics and years of physical therapy so she could participate like a typical child. She struggled with depression and shame and spent months questioning her self worth. Out of that pain, Chloe finally realized her worth comes from within.
Today, Chloe is the voice of Standbeautiful.me, an anti-bullying movement promoting the acceptance of self and others. Chloe believes that when we love and accept ourselves we are less likely to inflict pain and shame on others.
When she is not busy advocating for tolerance and self-love, Chloe is happy being 16. She enjoys school, hanging out with friends, playing board games with her family, and is learning how to drive.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL LEARN:
- An assault changed Chloe’s life and started her on her journey
- How a rock star inspired Chloe to find her voice
- What does the campaign ‘Stand Beautiful’ aim to accomplish?
- What does bravery mean to Chloe?
- Chloe explains how we trick ourselves to feeling alone
- Normal doesn’t exist…